Power Hypertrophy Template Upper Lower Workout Template Program With Routine

I was searching online for an appropriate strength and muscle work out for myself and I found this work out called PHUL which seemed somewhat similar to PHAT. I am quite impressed with the work out and shall definitely give it a try.

I am 6’2’’ and at 11.4% body fat currently. I am looking forward to be a clean bulk after two months of this work out session.

Let me share the schedule with you:

Day 1
Upper Power
Exercise Sets Reps
Barbell Bench Press 3-4 3-5
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 3-4 6-10
Bent Over Row 3-4 3-5
Lat Pull Down 3-4 6-10
Overhead Press 2-3 5-8
Barbell Curl 2-3 6-10
Skullcrusher 2-3 6-10

Day 2
Lower Power
Exercise Sets Reps
Squat 3-4 3-5
Deadlift 3-4 3-5
Leg Press 3-5 10-15
Leg Curl 3-4 6-10
Calf Exercise 4 6-10

Day 4
Upper Hypertrophy
Exercise Sets Reps
Incline Barbell Bench Press 3-4 8-12
Flat Bench Dumbbell Flye 3-4 8-12
Seated Cable Row 3-4 8-12
One Arm Dumbbell Row 3-4 8-12
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3-4 8-12
Seated Incline Dumbbell Curl 3-4 8-12
Cable Tricep Extension 3-4 8-12

Day 5
Lower Hypertrophy
Exercise Sets Reps
Front Squat 3-4 8-12
Barbell Lunge 3-4 8-12
Leg Extension 3-4 10-15
Leg Curl 3-4 10-15
Seated Calf Raise 3-4 8-12
Calf Press 3-4 8-12

Please do let me know your opinion about the same and if anyone of you have already followed this routine, kindly share your experiences and results.

Thanks a lot folks!! Appreciate your responses!

I shall post my first day experience tomorrow.

I ran 5km and played basketball for half an hour prior to my work out and it was later I realized that it was not a good idea to do that. And then this is what followed:

Bench press 155x5 165x5 175x5 195x5
Incline db bench 4x8 55lb dbs
Supersetted with
Seated rows (close grip) 4x5 160lbs
Pull ups 3x6 instead of lat pulls
Seated db military press 2x8 50lb db
Machine curls 140 lbs 1x10, 1x6
Supersetted with
Machine tricep extension 125 2x10

I found it a struggle to complete all this because I spent most of my energy on playing basketball and finishing the run. I thought it would serve as a warm up but it ended up making me feel hell tired.

Ohh I forgot to add that I had ECA as a pre-workout with 3g of creatine and 40g protein post work out. Still I felt so frisking tired. I think I would sleep off as I type. Good night friends! Please do not forget to share what you think!

I have never been on this work out plan but it seems all good. I am sorry I do jot have any opinions for you on this but I would definitely like to try and out and for that I would really appreciate of you can share your results with me.

I too saw this workout plan recently and was actually thinking of pursuing it. So, how is it working for you? Are you getting any better? Is the plan treating your body well?

I been on this workout schedule and it went excellent for me. It was a nice set up and helped me achieve results that I wanted to. So, I would definitely recommend it to all those who want to try.

I too saw this workout plan recently and was actually thinking of pursuing it. So, how is it working for you? Are you getting any better? Is the plan treating your body well?
I am not sure what to say when people ask if it is treating my body well because the plan is really too rigorous. It makes me feel all tired but is helping me with a good sound sleep. And I can see the change in my body and I feel good about myself. It has also increased my stamina. So, overall it is good.

I have been following this workout schedule for quite some time now and I wanted to know if changing the sets or the number of repetitions will actually work. I am planning to do the same set of exercises but with changes in sets and the number of repetitions. Will that do any good? Or will it just a waste of time?

Its been two weeks since I started on this exercise and it is still giving me good burns inside. I just hope my body gets used to it soon. But at the same time, I feel that my arms have become stronger. This thing really helps! Those who are still thinking of doing it should actually stop thinking and start doing if you ask me.

Please do not worry about those burns as they will last a maximum of three weeks and not more than that. I too had to bear with them initially but let me assure you that the end results are totally gonna be worth it.

This work out is totally useless if you ask me. Full pain and no gain. I have been on it, so I have hands on experience about it because of which if someone asks me about the work out, it would be a big NO from my side.

This work out is totally useless if you ask me. Full pain and no gain. I have been on it, so I have hands on experience about it because of which if someone asks me about the work out, it would be a big NO from my side.
That is not true at all! Maybe it didn’t work for you or there could have been something wrong in the way you did it, which is why you only felt the pain without any gain. I have been on it for many days now and it has brought about a good change in my body.