Is working out every day bad for you

I am a fitness freak and I love to work out and I actually look forward to working out every single day. I know there are people who actually wait for their rest day but I am not one among them. I definitely understand that it is not a good habit to follow the same routine every day because if you do then your muscles are left with absolutely no time for recovery which is why I have split my workout sessions.

Day 1: Biceps, Forearms & Abs
Day 2: Chest & Triceps
Day 3: Legs & Abs
Day 4: Back
Day 5: Shoulders & Abs
Repeat

So, this routine goes on every week and I feel this way I am definitely giving my body some rest though not a complete rest day.

Now I need to know if it is good or bad. I hope it is not causing harm to my body in any way. So, if at all I give myself a rest day in a week, is it going to be good or bad? Can someone please explain and elaborate on that concept to me? I really need to know!

It is absolutely important for you to rest because when you rest after a rigorous workout session for a week, you are actually helping your muscles recoup and regain some strength.

And it is when you rest that your body grows. So, it is imperative for you to rest. Rest is like a good friend that helps you with the entire process. So, there is absolutely no harm in giving some good rest to your body.

It is beneficial and not only that, it is something that your body needs. So, please do not ignore the demands of your body.

If I was in your place, working out like a beast for 5 days a week, then I would actually give my body two days of rest. Tell me something, do you have the energy to go about with your 7 day workout? Do you feel energetic the same way every day? I don’t think you would and that is because your body demands some good amount of rest.

I don’t see any harm in working out 7 days a week if you don’t feel that there is a problem. If your body feels tired, take rest. If it doesn’t, then you need not take rest. As simple as that!

I don’t see any harm in working out 7 days a week if you don’t feel that there is a problem. If your body feels tired, take rest. If it doesn’t, then you need not take rest. As simple as that!
I wouldn’t quite agree to that because everyone knows that your body requires at least one rest day in a week to feel better. And if you are religiously working out during the weekdays, your body seriously deserves a day’s break during the weekend.

It all depends on the individual. I have seen people workout for 10 days at a stretch and still feel good about it; whereas, a few others actually require a place. In my opinion, you should just listen to what your body is telling you and act accordingly. Please do not spoil your health working out because the sole aim of workout for most of us is to keep up our good health and if that itself is not there, then the whole purpose gets defeated.

Rest is as essential as work to maintain that fine balance in our body. Rest is not a luxury. It is something that is really essential if we have to go about with our day to day activities, not just workout. Take adequate rest, bounce back, workout like a beast or however you want and repeat the cycle.

Experiment this for yourself and see how it feels. As of now I believe you keep working out the entire week without any rest. The coming week, let Sunday be your relaxation day and don’t work out at all. Start again with your work out sessions on Monday and see how you feel about the whole thing. I bet you would feel better than what you do now with whole lot of positive energy flowing through you.

I feel a lot better and energized when I have that rest day of mine.

I have never felt dull or tired if I don’t take a day off or a relaxation day in between but I think I can definitely try out your suggestion and actually see if it makes me feel better. And on rest day do you mean that I need not do any cardio as well? Or can I do an hour of running or even half an hour would do?

I have never felt dull or tired if I don’t take a day off or a relaxation day in between but I think I can definitely try out your suggestion and actually see if it makes me feel better. And on rest day do you mean that I need not do any cardio as well? Or can I do an hour of running or even half an hour would do?
By taking a day off for relaxation means away from all kinds of workout and that includes cardio too. A complete full-fledged rest to your body will definitely work magic in your workouts.