How much is five pounds of fat and what does it look like exactly

This weird thought has been doing rounds in my brain for a few days ever since I started working out. I know the question might sound dumb but I really would like to know about it and have answer to the question.
If we take an empty gallon of milk and fill it with 5 pounds of human fat, how much space would it occupy and how big would it necessarily be? Could 5 pounds of fat be a lot of fat? Can someone help me out with the whole concept?

In my opinion 5 pounds of fat is a lot of fat. I would consider it a great success if I can lose 1 pound of fat. By the way in what context are you asking this?

5 lbs even if not very large amounts are quite a bit of fat. And if you intend on losing 5 pounds of fat off your body, you will have to put in some good efforts.

If you can lose 2 pounds of fat a week, you are doing a great job. But if you think that you will end up losing a slice of butter fat a day, then you have your hopes too high. It is not possible.

This weird thought has been doing rounds in my brain for a few days ever since I started working out. I know the question might sound dumb but I really would like to know about it and have answer to the question.
If we take an empty gallon of milk and fill it with 5 pounds of human fat, how much space would it occupy and how big would it necessarily be? Could 5 pounds of fat be a lot of fat? Can someone help me out with the whole concept?
Personally, I don’t think you have asked a dumb question but it takes some time to burn 5 pounds of fat. But fat is squishy and that’s the reason we end up looking soft when we have fat deposits in our body.
So, even large amounts of fat could occupy less space in our body because it can get condensed and squeezed in.

It could even happen that 1lb fat gets deposited in your body not just in one place but spread across your body. So at times it so happens that you lose small amounts here and there but in totality when you look at it, you might have lost a lot of weight.

Okay, so you intend to say that if I lose 5 pounds I will be losing good amounts of fat here and there from my body?? That’s nice!! I think I will challenge myself to do that.

It is a good thing to lose overall fat from your body but if you can manage to lose the same amount of fat from a specific area, it would be even better. Let’s say my body is already low on fat but I target this one specific area to lose more fat, it would be good right?

I saw this thread and I googled to get this information and according to Google, 5 pounds of fat would be equivalent to 2.5 litres of fat and I am shocked to know this. It is quite a lot of fat.

My friend and I work out in the same gym and yesterday he asked me to carry 45lb weight with me the whole day. I thought he was being crazy and asked him the reason behind saying so.
He gave the best response ever – The extra weight you are carrying on your hands is exactly what you have lost. I was awestruck by his reply.