How is pizza bad for you? why is it considered unhealthy

Pizza is my favourite food. I can eat any amount of pizza; even push it down if I am already full. It is one food I simply can’t resist. But I have been working out religiously these days and trying to eat clean. (You can’t imagine how difficult it is for me to not eat pizza!)

And my gym instructor advised me not to have pizza because it is terrible for body building it seems. But why????

If I see it, it has high amounts of protein in it. The cheese, meat, bread and sauce all are actually fitness friendly isn’t it??? Then why is pizza so bad for body training and if I actually have to avoid it, what are the other alternatives that I have?? Can anyone please guide me about this?

I too love pizza and if the pizza is home-made, then there is actually no harm in eating it but still in moderate amounts because the bread contains carbs and the sauces are loaded with sugar and also trans fats.

When you decide to have it from a restaurant, you have very less chances of knowing what has gone into it. Plus it is made from refined flour which is not at all body building friendly.

So, if you love pizza but want to don’t buy the crap they give you in takeaways; instead cook them yourself.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pizza if you make sure that you are having it the healthier way. Search online how to make low carb pizzas. That should help.

Mojo

Pizza is my favourite food. I can eat any amount of pizza; even push it down if I am already full. It is one food I simply can’t resist. But I have been working out religiously these days and trying to eat clean. (You can’t imagine how difficult it is for me to not eat pizza!)

And my gym instructor advised me not to have pizza because it is terrible for body building it seems. But why????

If I see it, it has high amounts of protein in it. The cheese, meat, bread and sauce all are actually fitness friendly isn’t it??? Then why is pizza so bad for body training and if I actually have to avoid it, what are the other alternatives that I have?? Can anyone please guide me about this?
The pizzas you get in these takeaways joints are actually junk. I don’t believe in having them. I am more of a salad person and I really can’t understand what is so fantastic about pizzas that they are so overrated.

If you still want to have pizza, then I suggest you wither make it yourself or have it at a decent restaurant.

If you are in love with pizzas, then you can either go in for whole grain bread base or a whole wheat base or what is even better is the cauliflower base. That way it is very low in carbs and serves exactly what you need while body building. Top it up with some fresh vegetables, lean meat, unprocessed cheese and some home-made pizza sauce. That should do the trick.

What tastes good to your tongue may not necessarily be good for your stomach. You gotta understand that!! If you are planning to workout religiously and build your body, then you should steer clear of such junk food and eat clean and healthy. It’s just a matter of a few days right??

Pizza is good if you make it with the right kind of flour, good cheese veggies, other toppings etc. Else, it will create havoc on your health.

Ohkieee…I do get the whole thing now. I actually did not think of its cons; I only focused on its pros. I am definitely gonna make it myself with the healthiest of ingredients.

If you are in love with pizzas, then you can either go in for whole grain bread base or a whole wheat base or what is even better is the cauliflower base. That way it is very low in carbs and serves exactly what you need while body building. Top it up with some fresh vegetables, lean meat, unprocessed cheese and some home-made pizza sauce. That should do the trick.
I have heard of everything else but what exactly is this cauliflower base. How can you make a base out of cauliflower? How will it even stay together? And if it does, won’t it taste all cauliflowery???

I am sorry I am asking too many questions but I really need to know!

I have heard of everything else but what exactly is this cauliflower base. How can you make a base out of cauliflower? How will it even stay together? And if it does, won’t it taste all cauliflowery???

I am sorry I am asking too many questions but I really need to know!
Follow the link below and you will get answers to all your questions:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/katie-lee/cauliflower-pizza-crust-2651381

And no, it does not taste cauliflowery. This pizza is what I have when I crave for pizzas. So, I do know about it!!!

The fat content especially the bad fat content in pizza is much higher than what you think it is. I feel people hardly realize that. The cheeses they use in these takeaways are not all that good and might be loaded with Trans fats which is pathetic for your body. People who love it and crave for it on a daily basis should make it at home and have them. That is what I would seriously suggest.

Follow the link below and you will get answers to all your questions:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/katie-lee/cauliflower-pizza-crust-2651381

And no, it does not taste cauliflowery. This pizza is what I have when I crave for pizzas. So, I do know about it!!!
I just went through the link you gave me. Ohh my god, it’s simply wowww!!! I regret not knowing about it earlier. It is actually a low carb pizza. But I am still apprehensive of its taste. But still, I have decided that I will definitely make it tomorrow for the sake of my health.

I prefer baking my pizza at home. I don’t like the fat base, so I make it with wheat thin crust and I use all fresh topping including fresh chicken or beef. I have also stocked up home-made salsa and good quality cheese too. I have it once a week and I did notice that it doesn’t bloat my stomach up like those takeaway bought pizzas.

You may not have noticed but the store bought pizzas are very high in sodium content. And high amounts of sodium can cause water retention and that never helps in body building. If you ask me, you should eat clean and stay away from such things if you want to build your body well.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I do realize that you guys are speaking the facts and I have cut down a lot on my pizza intake.

And guess what!! Yesterday I actually tried making that cauliflower base pizza at home. It is wonderful and the base nowhere tastes like a cauliflower. The recipe was so heavenly for both my tongue and my health.