How do I increase my appetite

Most people have issues suppressing their appetite but my problem is just the opposite. I have been a very poor eater ever since childhood and my mom always thought things would get better once I grow up. But, nothing has changed till now and I am still the same. I find it difficult to eat.
To be honest, I don’t even find eating exciting or ever look forward to it. It just seems like another chore that I have to do 3 times a day in order to help my body get through.
I am 6’2’’ and since I cant eat properly, I look very lean and find it difficult to bulk up. Maybe I can manage to eat around 1000 calories everyday and not more than that. But my friends told me I apparently need at least 3000 calories if I have to put on some weight.
Some even suggested that I should work out so that I feel hungry. I tried doing cardio and weight lifting but things are still the same. Nowadays I have started feeling that there is something wrong with me. What I eat 3 times in a day, my friends manage to eat it in one go.
So, I request you guys to give me a few good suggestions that might help me gain some appetite and maybe I will gain some good weight. It would really improve my self-esteem as well.

You did mention about your height but you did not say anything about your age or your weight. If you could give us an idea about that, maybe we could figure out how to improve things. Awaiting your response!

I wouldn’t want to be a lean mean but I eat a lot and that is making me put on a lot of weight. Even if I eat 3 proper and heavy meals a day, by the time it is bed time, I feel I am starving. My case is just the opposite and I wish for sometime at least I could become like you so that I can control my weight.

You did mention about your height but you did not say anything about your age or your weight. If you could give us an idea about that, maybe we could figure out how to improve things. Awaiting your response!
I am 20 year old and my weight should be 68kgs which is far less than ideal for my height. If I manage to become at least 80kgs, I would be more than happy. There ought to be some method by which I can gain that amount of weight; some way in which I can increase my appetit

I have an appetite of a monster. I have something and in another one hour I can have the same amount of food. But the good thing is that I don’t put on weight even though I eat like a glutton. I have an ideal weight but I can eat too. I dunno for how long my metabolism will keep supporting me like this but till it does, I am gonna eat eat and eat.

amy

You feel hungry when the leptin levels in your body/brain go down. And leptin levels depend on the amount of fat in your body.

Since your brain sends hunger signals depending upon the leptin levels in your body, my advise would be to do rigorous physical exercises. I have observed that weigh lifting also decreases the leptin levels in your body, thereby making you feel hungry and increase your appetite.

And still if you do not succeed, then there is some underlying problem with your hormones and you have to consult a doctor.

I have an appetite of a monster. I have something and in another one hour I can have the same amount of food. But the good thing is that I don’t put on weight even though I eat like a glutton. I have an ideal weight but I can eat too. I dunno for how long my metabolism will keep supporting me like this but till it does, I am gonna eat eat and eat.
Dude, I am jealous of you. I really wish I could put on some weight and eat good food and most importantly enjoy the food I am eating.

I think you should consult a doctor and explain your problem. This shouldn’t be ignored or taken lightly. Consult a doctor as soon as possible.

I would suggest that you slowly keeping eating more portions of food. When you eat more, you slowly stimulate your appetite. And when you chronically under eat, your body gets used to that. You start feeling full even though you have hardly eaten anything.

So, try increasing your portion size bit by bit and see if it helps you. Else, it is better that you consult a doctor.

If you are unable to eat three big meals, then eat small frequent meals. Eat what you love and make sure that you also drink a lot of water. I too had a poor appetite and this is what I started practicing and slowly my body got used to it. I never wanted anything much to eat but now I feel hungry and my body demands food like every 2 hours.

Try to do the same and maybe your situation will improve.

I too would suggest that instead of trying to stuff yourselves in one go, increase your food portion sizes consistently. Plan and think what you would like to eat for every meal. And I think at your age it will definitely work. You are still a kid and maybe you will change a few years later.

I would never recommend that you go in for cardio. From my experience, you might keep losing more weight.

An easy yet yummy way to put on some weight – Drink 2 glasses of full fat milk a day and have a few spoon full of Nutella or peanut butter. That should work! And now don’t tell me you are not excited to have Nutella. No one has ever said that.

I would never recommend that you go in for cardio. From my experience, you might keep losing more weight.

An easy yet yummy way to put on some weight – Drink 2 glasses of full fat milk a day and have a few spoon full of Nutella or peanut butter. That should work! And now don’t tell me you are not excited to have Nutella. No one has ever said that.
Brooo, I have never had Nutella till now. I do not even know how it tastes. But now that you said I shall definitely give it a try.

Brooo, I have never had Nutella till now. I do not even know how it tastes. But now that you said I shall definitely give it a try.
Dude!!! You are seriously an utterly poor eater. Please try Nutella and I am sure you are gonna love it.

Chocolates are what helped me put on some decent weight. I don’t know if it was healthy to do that. But that actually helped. Chocolates were the only thing I could manage to eat how much ever I want. So, I took that to my advantage.

Dude!!! You are seriously an utterly poor eater. Please try Nutella and I am sure you are gonna love it.
Yes get a big jar of Nutella and a spoon, fun way of putting on some weight or I would even suggest my favorite Ferraro Roche chocolates.

I shall definitely try but I am not so fond of chocolates either. I hope god can do some miracle for me, making me love food but not too much. I don’t want to be writing the next thread asking tips to reduce my appetite because I have become obese. Lol!!!