Bought Ezekiel flax sprouted whole grain bread at Walmart – why so expensive

As I was browsing at my choices at the Walmart grocery store, I stumbled on a new type of bread, Ezekiel bread which I had maybe never seen before. But its rates are what shocked me - $4.49 for one packet. Is that bread made of precious metals that it is so costly?
I would really like to know what makes it so special and expensive other than its low glycemic index? I would appreciate some good genuine answers as that bread has been running on my mind ever since I saw it. I wonder how it tastes!

You should realize that this bread does not use cheap ingredients like other breads. The breads that you get in the supermarket for $2 per packet or loaf are definitely made of cheap ingredients and good for nothing flour.
When you eat such breads, all you are doing is filling your stomach by giving it trash and no nutrition.

It is not necessary that you buy Ezekiel. You could also go in for Kroger whole wheat bread. That is what I do. It is good, whole, not made of cheap flour, fills your tummy and made of high quality ingredients.

If you are keen about having good bread but do not want to pay so much, you should opt for Sara Lee’s 100% stone ground whole wheat without any HFCS in it. That could be your second best option and I honestly have no clue how Ezekiel bread tastes.

Ezekiel bread is not so costly. I just bought one loaf for $2.99 yesterday. How come it is sold for $4.49 at Walmart? It could be of a higher quality or some other better variety I guess.

Ezekiel bread is not so costly. I just bought one loaf for $2.99 yesterday. How come it is sold for $4.49 at Walmart? It could be of a higher quality or some other better variety I guess.
Really??? Was it only $2.99? But are you sure if it is the flax sprouted whole grain bread? Or maybe it was a cheaper variety!!!

I always wanted to buy Ezekiel bread and I searched for it a lot on stores like Walmart, Kroger and Food lion but never found it. Are sure it was Ezekiel bread that you saw at Walmart?

I have once bought Ezekiel bread from a store named Trader’s Joe. If there happens to be one in the place where you live, you could check it out there.

I have never seen a store called Trader’s Joe in my locality. Will search online if it is there somewhere nearby. Thank you so much for the suggestion.

I always wanted to buy Ezekiel bread and I searched for it a lot on stores like Walmart, Kroger and Food lion but never found it. Are sure it was Ezekiel bread that you saw at Walmart?
Yes I am100% sure that it actually was Ezekiel bread that I saw at Walmart. Maybe it’s a new addition. Why don’t go and see if it available? If you are lucky, you might definitely get it.

You can easily get it in Kroger’s; you just need to know where to look for it. I found it by mistake in the refrigerator in organic section at Krogers. So, those of you who really want to buy it, that’s exactly where you should head.
And taste wise, it is alright. Your heart feels satisfied because you know you are having something good for your body. Plus it is not completely loaded with carbs.

I too have heard a lot about Ezekiel’s but I never found one at the local market but in the process I discovered a brand called Arnold’s and I tried out their 100% wheat and double protein ones with flax seeds added to it. It was tastier than I thought it would be.
If not Ezekiel, then one should definitely try this!

As I was browsing at my choices at the Walmart grocery store, I stumbled on a new type of bread, Ezekiel bread which I had maybe never seen before. But its rates are what shocked me - $4.49 for one packet. Is that bread made of precious metals that it is so costly?
I would really like to know what makes it so special and expensive other than its low glycemic index? I would appreciate some good genuine answers as that bread has been running on my mind ever since I saw it. I wonder how it tastes!
I know Ezekiel’s is costly right!!! It feels like it has been made from the finest of ingredients available in the world but that is definitely not true. I would just go in for a cheaper variety; a bread is just a bread at the end of the day.

I know Ezekiel’s is costly right!!! It feels like it has been made from the finest of ingredients available in the world but that is definitely not true. I would just go in for a cheaper variety; a bread is just a bread at the end of the day.
I am in sync with you and totally agree with your thoughts. At least as of now, I don’t have any reason to have a bread that costs $4.49 a loaf. I rather pay that money for cupcakes.

Alexandra

Bake your own bread at home with the ingredients that you choose. That is exactly what I do. It saves me a lot of money and one thing I know for sure is the ingredients that have gone into making that bread. So, at least I know what I am eating and that it is healthy.
And baking bread at home is not a difficult thing to do too. I am not a fine baker or something; all I did was follow some videos online, came across a few more interesting videos and I bake the bread of my choice every weekend rather than settling for what the market has to offer.

Bake your own bread at home with the ingredients that you choose. That is exactly what I do. It saves me a lot of money and one thing I know for sure is the ingredients that have gone into making that bread. So, at least I know what I am eating and that it is healthy.
And baking bread at home is not a difficult thing to do too. I am not a fine baker or something; all I did was follow some videos online, came across a few more interesting videos and I bake the bread of my choice every weekend rather than settling for what the market has to offer.
Ohh that’s an incredible idea!!! But I guess I am too lazy to do that!! So, thanks but no thanks!!
If you plan to sell your bread at nominal rates, please do let me know. I shall be very pleased to buy!

Alexandra

Ohh that’s an incredible idea!!! But I guess I am too lazy to do that!! So, thanks but no thanks!!
If you plan to sell your bread at nominal rates, please do let me know. I shall be very pleased to buy!
No, I don’t intend to sell because I don’t own a home bakery. I don’t think I would be able to accept orders. I still don’t have a professional hand at baking you see! If I start doing it, I shall definitely let you know! Thanks to you too for the idea

I have been buying Ezekiel’s bread and I never bought it for $4.49. It is not that pricey. I think the super markets might be charging more for whole foods like these. I usually get mine from Trader Joe’s or it is available at a reasonable cost at any organic food shop. Try buying it from there and maybe you might strike a good bargain.

I had been to Walmart yesterday and I found that Ezekiel bread you guys are talking about in the frozen food section. So, those who really want to buy it now know where exactly in Walmart should they look for it.
It is pricey, so I would still like to stick to my Arnold’s!