Are Walmart rotisserie chicken calories ok & used for weight loss

These days I am making it a point to have some breakfast instead of skipping it altogether. And most of the days, I just pick up rotisserie chicken from Walmart when I am in a hurry not just for breakfast but even as a healthy snack when I am on the road.

I ensure that I never eat fried and whenever I eat this rotisserie chicken, I take the skin off with a hope that it then becomes something that is low fat. I hope I am not assuming that wrong.

But whenever I take the skin off, I find some greasy juices in the pack and I hope it’s the natural juices. It couldn’t be fat right as it is not fried?? Just wanted to know if someone else takes rotisserie chicken and if it is healthy?

I had the same question running in my mind for the past few days and when I tried searching for its nutritional value, the results weren’t rosy as expected. So, I have reduced my intake of rotisserie chicken. But why is it that way? Do they inject the chicken with unhealthy fats like lard? I don’t get that…Can someone be kind enough to explain it to me?

I had the same question running in my mind for the past few days and when I tried searching for its nutritional value, the results weren’t rosy as expected. So, I have reduced my intake of rotisserie chicken. But why is it that way? Do they inject the chicken with unhealthy fats like lard? I don’t get that…Can someone be kind enough to explain it to me?
Now that’s a good question you have asked!! I too have observed the greasy liquids at the bottom of the container whenever I buy one from Walmart. I take a big fork and piece it into the chicken flesh, pick the chicken out so that the liquid gets drained out. I make sure that I never have those greasy liquids no matter what they might be. I just throw it out in the trash.

amy

Look at the nutritional info I found online:

Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 3oz (84g)

Calories 170 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 60mg 20%
Sodium 650mg 27%
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 20g 40%

This doesn’t seem that good.

Now that’s a good question you have asked!! I too have observed the greasy liquids at the bottom of the container whenever I buy one from Walmart. I take a big fork and piece it into the chicken flesh, pick the chicken out so that the liquid gets drained out. I make sure that I never have those greasy liquids no matter what they might be. I just throw it out in the trash.
I too always get those liquids drained off and I never eat the skin too because I think it could have too much sodium in it. I get these weird thoughts that the makers are definitely soaking them in salty water so that it gets all pumped up.

If you keep eating the skin regularly, it will definitely land you in trouble. So, I guess people who take that off, it could be fine for them to eat. Whenever I eat rotisserie chicken, I take off the skin and drain away the liquid and that becomes a treat to my dog. He enjoys having it and I guess it makes him fatter too.

So, if you have any pets you could give it to them rather than throwing it in the trash.

Whenever I eat a medium sized portion of rotisserie chicken, it makes me feel full in no time and I feel as though I have had a full plate of fried chicken and I have till now not understood the reason behind it. I always thought fried chicken should feel heavier than rotisserie. Heart of hearts, I simply hope that it is the broth that filled me up and not some crappy ingredient in that chicken. Please do let me know if it is otherwise.

I too always get those liquids drained off and I never eat the skin too because I think it could have too much sodium in it. I get these weird thoughts that the makers are definitely soaking them in salty water so that it gets all pumped up.

If you keep eating the skin regularly, it will definitely land you in trouble. So, I guess people who take that off, it could be fine for them to eat. Whenever I eat rotisserie chicken, I take off the skin and drain away the liquid and that becomes a treat to my dog. He enjoys having it and I guess it makes him fatter too.

So, if you have any pets you could give it to them rather than throwing it in the trash.
Ohhh… I can see that you love your dog very much. You have actually proven to be his best friend.

Ohh yess!!!! I don’t know why I didn’t think of it earlier, but I could have given the skin and the water or juices to my cat. She would have loved having it. The next time I get rotisserie chicken, that’s exactly what I am going to do. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

I know for sure that the chicken is injected with crappy hydrogenated oils just like how they do with French fries to maintain its uniformity of color. I personally never buy meat from Walmart because I feel they are all injected so that they look fresh for longer duration of time.

I think the juices you find at the bottom is because it might have been frozen and defrosted. Excess water could be a sign of that; thawing and freezing again. I just hope it was done once!!

I have been eating Walmart rotisserie chicken almost daily for about a year, definitely without the skin and I have lost around 130lbs. So, I think if you have it without the skin and all those juices, it is not gonna do you any harm.

I have them for my dinner maybe twice or thrice a week and I find it to be perfectly fine and helping me with some good weight loss. So, I would totally recommend it. I don’t think there is any problem whatsoever having it, even if on a regular basis.

Thank you so much for your reassuring comments guys!! I am happy to know that if I have it the way I have been having it, I would definitely not gain weight. I am happy that I am having some good breakfast.

In my opinion you should take some time out and go in for something freshly made in the morning as this could seriously spoil your stomach over time. Eat fresh chicken, fresh veggies instead of such good for nothing ones. You will definitely start seeing the difference in your body. All these things are sheer garbage and will not do you any good.